Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gratituesday December 20th

Happy Gratituesday to each of you. This morning I got up and went to the local Y. I love to swim laps. There is something magical that happens when I get into a pool. It seems that all of the burdens I carry just float away. When I am under the water it feels that I am encircled with total peace and weightlessness.

I am trying to get back into the habit of swimming each morning. This morning though the pool had been without a heater for the last 48 hours. The lifeguard gave me the information as my first toe goes in. Mercy was it COLD! She told me not to worry that eventually my body would adjust. Boy is she a fibber! It wasn't till my 40th lap that I was "used" to it. The cold forced me to swim really fast which was wonderful for my brain.

I am so thankful that I have a place to go and do something that will help me a better wife, mother and grandmother. Thank you Father for the gift of the Y.





Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Today I am thankful for the wonderful 3 years we have been able to spend with our 3rd child. It is her birthday, and I can't imagine life without her. She has truly been a blessing to our family. :)

    ReplyDelete