Monday, December 19, 2011

The Gift of Time

In my own little world Christmas is just not on my radar this year. I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if the day just flew by unnoticed. I am only one person though in the house I live and I doubt my idea would get any traction among the other ten!

The tree is up and the lights twinkle. The grandchildren are so excited. I imagine by Christmas eve they will be beside themselves. They are excited over possible gifts coming their way. With a little toddler in the house this Christmas there is not one present under the tree. I suppose they will all magically appear on Christmas morning.

I was reminded though this past Sunday that the best gift I can give is time. Time to my husband who is a special gift from God. Time to all of my children who each in their own way have a very special place in my heart. Lastly, time for my grandchildren to make memories with their Grammy.

Time is a precious gift. We never know how much time we have to give so I don't want to waste a moment. What gifts are you giving this year? Will it be something that will be used in a moment and then gone? Or worse, will the gift end up being sold for a nickle at the next garage sale? The gift of time is eternal.

What are you giving to those you love this Christmas? May it stand the test of time.
In Christ Alone,
Jill








Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment