Wednesday, December 21, 2011

For Those Who Serve

I caught a commercial today that deeply touched me while watching the news on Fox. There is a group that minister to families that have been devastated by the war.

I will never forget the Thanksgiving and Christmas that Rich was in Saudi Arabia. It was during the first Gulf War. I learned a lot that Christmas.

I am reminded of all the families that are facing their first Christmas alone. Whether it be because their spouse is over in Afghanistan fighting in the war or their spouse died this year, there will be an empty chair at the table.

My heart goes out to all the families that are struggling with that empty chair this holiday season. I encourage you to reach out to a family this year who will be faced with the loneliness. God is pleased when reach out to others. Let His name be glorified this season.

Till next time.
In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment