Friday, December 16, 2011

The Discipline of Solitude

I have a journal that I started in January 2006. Like most years I start a journal and then tuck it into a drawer and forget about it.

A couple of weeks ago I needed a journal to write some thoughts down and came across a quote I had copied while reading Celebration of Disciplines by Richard Foster several years ago. I wish I had written this quote because it goes to the core of the journey I have been on the past few years.

So here it is, read it slowly and meditate on the the message.

The Discipline of Solitude
"Whether alone or among people, we always carry with us a portable sanctuary of the heart. Inward solitude has outward manifestations. There is the freedom to be alone, not in order to be away from people but in order to hear the divine whisper better."

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment