Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Adventure In A Plain Community


This past week I had the privilege of visiting a Plain Community in Caneyville Kentucky. Our son Gabriel and his wife Bethany will be joining the community next year, Lord willing. They asked me to come alone to help with our grandchildren and get a peek into the community. Well let me tell you ladies I had the adventure of a lifetime!

Imagine stepping back 150 years. There are no cars, no electricity, no television or internet or phones. In our society today we can hardly imagine going a day without our cell phones or facebook and everything in between much less live week after week, month after month and year after year. Yet, this community has chosen to do just that.

The community is made up of former Amish, German Baptist, Mennonites etc. All culturally different yet agreeing to come together to just be Christians. They chose to live in community with one another. In the next few days I want to share some of my experiences last week so that you can know how one community is living out their faith. If you have any questions along the way then please feel free to ask.

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your adventure! I love reading Beverly Lewis novels about the Amish life. Looking forward to your next blog:)

    ReplyDelete