Monday, November 14, 2011

Gratituesday November 15th

Today is my favorite day. It is the day we set aside to praise God for all our blessings. Last week I was privileged to visit the Christians who live in Caneyville Kentucky. It will remain a highlight for the rest of my life because I have believed for many years that I was born in the wrong century! For the past few years I have craved a simpler life. To be honest I am tired of living in Babylon. For those who regularly read my blog you know all about Babylon. The thought of living close to the land, growing what we eat, canning the food we need for the winter all sound great to me.

So last Saturday we left at 6am and arrived around 7:30 in the evening. This place is so far out of the way it's crazy. There isn't even a Jiffy Lube, let alone a McD's! It was pitch dark when we arrived. We drove first to the home of the leader of the group where we were welcomed. One of their sons still living at home offered to take us to our hosts home. We would have never found it otherwise! We jumped in the van and started off.

It was pitch dark by this point and of course no lights to mark the way. We drove through thick woods on a path that was anything but smooth. When we finally reached the top I saw one small light up in the distance. When we got out we grabbed flashlights and headed in. That one light I saw was in the kitchen of our hosts home. Since there is not any electricity they use a propane light to see.

So imagine my surprise when I ask to use the restroom before sitting down to a meal and get taken back outside and around to the back of the house! Now I had asked precious son number 1 if they had bathrooms when we made plans for the trip and he assured me there were. Well, that bathroom is really an outhouse. Later he told me that it never occurred to him to relay such important information to me. Is that a man for you?

So today my dear reader let me just say I am thankful I got to experience many different kind of outhouses during my stay. More on that later.
What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.
In Christ Alone,
Jill






Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that Jesus came, suffered, and died through which He showed that he truly accepted our human nature and all its brokenness in order to bring healing and life to all by His resurrection. I am so thankful for the hope and life that I have in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for my dear sisters and for modern plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Among other things, I am grateful for the chance to sit and read lovely posts like yours. You always give me a smile, or something to think about when I get a chance to read it. Have a lovely day : )

    ReplyDelete