Saturday, November 5, 2011

The God of Second Chances

Good morning precious one. We are finishing up chapter 4 of Daniel. This chapter is filled to the brim with wise counsel. After King Neb is given the interpretation of the second dream Daniel tells us this;

Therefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable to you: break off your sins by practicing righteousness, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the oppressed, that there may perhaps be a lengthening of your prosperity.” Dan 4:27

In other words, get your act together King Neb. God is giving you a second chance. Turn from your old ways and take on the mantel of great repentance. Perhaps God will reward you.

You and I serve a great God. He is the God of second chances which thrills me beyond comprehension. I blow it, I sin and I don't always live the life God has called me to. Yet, God showers down his mercy on me. Over and over again we witness the grace and mercy shown to us.

Just ask Peter, Moses, Rahab, the apostle Paul, King David and my personal favorite, the woman caught in adultery. What the thief on the cross knew and we experience is a second chance. You want some good news amidst a land filled with bad news? This is it. Praise God for a second chance. Let me encourage you today to thank God for second chances.

Till tomorrow, be blessed

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment