Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Finger of God

I have never been drunk so I can only imagine throwing a party for one thousand of my closest friends and getting drunk. I can only imagine that King Belshazzar shakes in his boots as he watched a finger from a human hand start writing on the wall. That would be enough to sober him up real quick! Scripture says "his color changed, and his thoughts alarmed him; his limbs gave way, and his knees knocked together." Yep, I can only imagine! I think my knees would have knocked together if I had witnessed a real finger writing on a wall without being drunk!

Enter the Queen. History tells us that she was probably King Nebs wife and King Neb was actually the grandfather of King Belshazzar. She knows all about Daniel. When the wise men could not interpret the writing she knows who to call. SO in comes our favorite resident exile. All during this time Daniel has been faithful to God, doing what he was called to do whether he was remembered by the current leadership or not.

I am reminded of Moses who took off his shoes and fell on his face when he encountered God in the burning bush. To see God face to face will not happen till we are brought home to abide forever in the arms of the LORD. Just his finger brought people to their knees.

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil 2:9-11 (ESV)

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment