Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gratituesday

Today is Gratituesday. I want to challenge you today to tell a friend about Gratituesday. Or better yet, tell a perfect stranger that today is Gratituesday. I have started doing that at places of business that recognize my face.

Recently I went to our local bank branch where they know me and I was in the lobby by myself and 3 tellers were behind the counter. I greeted them and said, "Do you guys now that today is Gratituesday?" They then say gratit... what? So then I repeat that is is Graituesday. They then ask what it means and I tell them that it is so easy to forget to be thankful so Tuesday has been set aside to just be grateful. It doesn't matter if I tell a banker or a grocery clerk or the lady at McDonald's they all get a smile on their face when I tell them they could also practice Gratituesday. Not once has anyone told me to go to a place with burning fire!

So today I continue with my list of things I am thankful for.

10. picking up a fall leaf full of beautiful colors
11. walking around a local farmers market and seeing so many fresh fruits and veggies, yummy!
12. studying God's word with sisters in Christ
13. spending time in a friends home all alone and quilting in absolute silence for 4 hours!
14. loving God more today then I did yesterday


What are you grateful for my sweet friend? I would love to know, but more importantly by far is letting God know what you are thankful for.

Till tomorrow.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

4 comments:

  1. I love your "picking up a fall leaf..." Just this morning while slicing an apple for my husband's lunch I was overwhelmed with the simple beauty and design only our Heavenly Father could create. What a blessing! ~Lisa
    (visiting from Laura's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for a husband that works hard to provide for his family...working all day harvesting from morning until 8:30 at night to get his crops to market tomorrow :) I am thankful for the ability to bake delicious and nutritious foods for my family, and for a little one that is for the first time in his three years is beginning to make eye contact!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments ladies and welcome Lisa. And Karen, a huge praise for your miracle from God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your outreach! I always feel too introverted to say to someone, "Did you know it's Gratituesday?" Something I need to keep praying about. I like how we can see so much of our Creator in a simple thing like a beautiful, fall leaf.

    ReplyDelete