Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gratituesday October 4, 2011


October 4th has always been a very special day in my heart. My little sister Robin was born on October 4th. The older I get the more I appreciate my siblings. I have always had a special tie with Robin. We have survived many trials over the years. She is a lover of God who is also a prayer warrior. Robin is a firm believer in wellness. She was told by her doctor that she really needed her liver exercised so she jumped in with both feet researching how to exercise her liver. Well, apparently the only way to exercise your liver is to laugh. And laugh she does!

There is another reason why October 4th is special to me. It happens to also be my husband's birthday. I want to celebrate Rich's life. A man who has had to climb tall mountains. He has always worked so hard to serve the Lord's church. He has a passion for scripture. He knows more about history than most people I know. He has worked hard at raising a godly family. In spite of great obstacles he has taught his children to love God and serve Him. His most important goal was to shape children that have a heart for service. All of them have learned that lesson well. My husband has loved me since day one. He supported my desire to be a full time homemaker even when things were really tough financially. I have been blessed beyond measure to be loved by Rich for over 34 years now. I have watched him suffer incredible pain and not give up. Today I want to honor my husband for living his life well. Happy birthday Rich.

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment