Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gratituesday October 25th


Good morning everyone. It is my favorite day of the week. A time set aside for counting our blessings. We each have so much to be thankful for. There is so much negative news yet God has not stopped working in our lives so please don't forget that!

I was blessed beyond measure to hit the road on Friday. I was kidnapped for the weekend by two very special young ladies. Megan is like a daughter to me and her Jordyn calls me Grammy. She is such a wonderful snuggler and loves to be with her Grammy and her Grammy loves to be with her.

So, we headed out Friday morning and drove to the heart of Amish country in Ohio. The rolling farm lands were so peaceful. Just looking at the beautiful scene tended to melt my stress away and lower my blood pressure. Each of the Amish farms had clothes lines filled with freshly washed clothes. Children were out raking leaves. My heart just soars when I see the beautiful farmland and peaceful settings.

We toured an Amish farm and had a buggy ride around the farm with "Bud" leading the way. We eat good home cooking and saw quilt after gorgeous quilt in several of the shops. There were hundred's of bolts of material that just called my name! Sadly I brought none of it home but I can imagine and dream.

That little get away was wonderful for me. I loved every minute, a true blessing from God. I loved being kidnapped and hope to do it sometime again. Thank you Megan and Jordyn for a wonderful time.

What are you grateful for today?
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a special time!! So thankful you were kidnapped! :O) Today I am grateful for the encouragement of hearing how God is at work in others' lives - and in sharing how He is with me, too!! Thanks for keeping us focused on our Savior. Have a great Gratituesday, hermana! kjs :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time - I'm so happy for you. What am I grateful for today? Well, let's see (1) an opportunity to work with Cathy, Julie and Carolyn setting up the room for tomorrow night. What a blessing Christian sisters are to me! (2) A husband that doesn't grump if I'm out all day working on other things and am not home to fix him lunch or keep him company. (3) A chance to work on homework with my grand daughter - gives me a taste of what I gave up when I retired from teaching. I miss working with kids everyday and it's a blessing to work with my own grandchildren. (4) I'm thankful for YOU . . . your blog (especially on Tuesdays) to remind me of my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are a very special gift from God to both of us!! Words could never express what you mean to Jordyn and to me! Thank you so much for the memories we made this weekend and you can count on us kidnapping you again.....although, next time.....reservations!!! :) LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link up at Heavenly Homemakers! Wanted to stop by to check out the blog! :) Have a great rest of the week :)
    Cindy
    http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jill! I'm in love with Amish country too! If asked where I'd like to go for time away, it's usually Amish places. I would love to live close to them and be friends.

    What am I grateful for today? I'm not grateful that my sister died last week, but I am grateful that she is alive with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that someone stole you away for the day and let you have some girl time in Amish country:) Jerry and I both love going to the Amish community in Arcola/Arthur IL. I am grateful that we just got back from SC seeing our new baby granddaughter. Our time there was so very enjoyable and we miss her already:) So glad for these memories!

    ReplyDelete