Friday, October 28, 2011

The Fourth Man in the Fire

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” 25 He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”

Dan 3:24-25 (ESV)


Does this give you great comfort like it does me? In our Daniel study with Beth Moore she describes three different scenarios concerning fiery trials.


1. We can be delivered from the fire and our faith is built.

2. We can be delivered through the fire and our faith is refined.

3. We can be delivered by the fire and we go straight into the arms of Jesus.

No matter what kind of fire we are introduced to, we don't go alone.

I can think of nothing that gives me greater comfort than to know that I don't walk alone. Oh, Satan will try and persuade me and make up all kinds of lies. But in the still of the night, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not alone. It does not matter what the circumstances are.

Two years ago I became a pit dweller by circumstances. I wrote about it at some length back then. When the pit became so deep and so void of light I cried out to the LORD. I could not "feel" his presence, yet he was there. My faith has been refining me through a long series of trials the past few years. This is the promise I hold onto;

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

That is the promise I cling to. Have a great weekend.

In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment