Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gratituesday September 13, 2011

On Sunday Brian preached on chapter 2 of Luke. He gave a very realistic view of what was really happening with Mary and Joseph as opposed to our precious little nativity scene we put up. Mary and Joseph were faced with so many challenges. They were faithful to what God had called each of them to. That did not mean though that they would have the perfect life. The scene we display at Christmas is not really how it happened. Their lives were hard in spite of the fact that they were faithful to God's call.

Which brings me to Gratituesday. I heard something tonight that I never thought I would hear again. Hubby is in a pretty good spot right now. He has had four surgical procedures this summer, the chiropractor who he has spent every day with for over 7 months is seeing progress finally and the temperatures are warm which really helps the myoclonus.

He was given a second garage to make a workshop out of when we moved in last September. It has been put to great use all summer. He is teaching himself to make things like unique cutting boards, children's rocking horses and all wood clip boards. For our anniversary two weeks ago he brought me his first finished piece, a beautiful bread board. I will treasure that bread board.

What really made me thankful though was hubby coming downstairs tonight after working this afternoon in the shop and said, "I am having fun for the first time in forever." He even had a little smile on his face. I never thought I would hear those words again. Thank you Father for being Emmanuel, God with us in the bad times and the good times.

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'm so excited to hear this, I could just cry! Thank you Lord for this blessing. Yes, I bet that is the most beautiful bread board on the face of the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both so valuable to us all! And most importantly to the Lord!!!! He has shown you both His Faithfulness and you are so great at sharing it! Thank you so much for being used! I appreciate you and love you! I love the real! I love the hurt and pain that you share with us, and the joy of your lives in serving the Lord! Don't ever stop sharing....we need you!!!!! I am rejoicing with you both! Thank you Lord :)

    ReplyDelete