Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Battle with Satan

"Satan goes around like a roaring lion..." We sing a song with those words in church at times. Scripture talks about Satan in different ways. Paul tells the Corinthians in his second book, chapter 11 and verse 14 that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Now I don't know about you but if a roaring lion is coming my way I would high tail it out of there! I would be petrified of a lion that had no wall between me and it. But disguised an as angel of light?

Luke tells us that after Jesus gets baptized by John he was led out into the desert by the Holy Spirit. It was there that he fasted while being tempted by the devil. Do you know what I find interesting? Satan waited till Jesus was at the end of the 40 days before hitting him with the stone to bread temptation.

Something else that fascinates me about Satan is this, he knows the scriptures really well. If he and I had to get into a scripture spouting contest I am afraid he would win. He knows the scriptures backwards and forwards and he knows when to use them. He is the author of deceit so when he uses scripture he twists them up in knots to make his victim think he knows what he is talking about. Remember Eve?

Jesus battled with Satan during his month and a half fast and came out victorious. I am certain Satan was pretty mad by the end when he couldn't convince Jesus to follow him. If we are living the kind of life God has for us we too will battle Satan each and every day. I can tell you that he is only as powerful as we let him be. We can have courage to tell Satan to get behind us in Jesus name.

How is the battle with Satan going in your life? Can you recognize what the battle is? Keep watchful my friend.

Till next time,
In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment