Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Epitaphs

I was thinking about tombstones the other day. When you walk through a cemetery you will find all
kinds of interesting epitaphs to read. People who lose loved ones want to share the most important thing
about their loved ones so they have it put on the tombstone.
The reason I was thinking about tombstones in the first place was a birthday party Rich and I attended
recently. The party was for a woman who had turned 60 put on by her one daughter. This gal told the
audience she wanted her mother to have the flowers she so loved now and not at her funeral. I thought
that was a pretty interesting thought. We spent the next couple of hours honoring this woman’s life. I
was struck by the servant's heart she has displayed. I felt in one sense I had been to her funeral.
At funerals we talk about the person’s life and what was important to them. We share the impact that
individual had on their family and friends. It got me to really thinking about our legacy. Did you know
you can write your epitaph right now? Strange thought, isn’t it? How you live your life is what people
will remember you by.
So, what does your epitaph say? If you don’t think you like what it would say, how about changing that
today? Today is always the right time to change what we would like to be better at!
Start writing that epitaph today!



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment