Monday, August 8, 2011

The Mole People

Here we are at a brand new week. There are so many possibilities! We can chose to spend the week in glorifying our Father or we can spend the week on our own desires. Each day it is a call we have to make. Which will you and I chose?

I heard a fascinating story yesterday from our minister Brian who told us about the "Mole People." Have you ever heard of them? This was news to me for sure. The "Mole People" are individuals who decide that life as we know it is not for them. They climb down into the subways and live in darkness and stay there. It's not like going on vacation, "hey honey, lets go underground for a while and see how the other half live!" Nope, they stay there in the dark. Some haul all of their earthly belongings down there and set up housekeeping. They like the dark. Living in darkness is not all it is cracked up to be. Sure you don't have bills to pay, and you certainly are not in danger of getting skin cancer from the sun but there are real dangers in that kind of life. As you can well imagine there is violence, drugs, alcohol and abuse down in the hole. Think about all the ramifications!

I don't have to live in the darkness anymore. I have been bought with the blood of our Savior. When I came out of the water with my sins washed away I left the darkness behind. The Psalmist says it best;

For it is you who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness.

Psalms 18:28 (ESV)

Sweet sister, we don't have to live in the darkness. We may not be one of the "Mole People" but we sometimes chose to walk in the darkness. Listen to this scripture;


I Am the Light of the World

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

Will you meditate on this scripture with me today? Till tomorrow



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment