Friday, August 26, 2011

May I Challenge YOU?

God of All Comfort

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 2 Cor. 1:3-5 (ESV)

I will never forget the day I “found” this scripture. I was searching for the purpose of my suffering I was going through with the death of our daughter. I was at another sister in Christ’s home studying together and we ran into this scripture. In this one small set of scriptures we are given purpose for suffering,

My soul soared when I read that our suffering was SO we could comfort others with the comfort God has given us. The suffering came for a purpose and that truth gave me great purpose again.

God was so good to me during those difficult times. He challenged me to stretch beyond myself. He taught me that I now had the tools to share what I had learned with others who are now going through the same thing. God is like that! He wants us to spend time with those are struggling with things we have already gone through.

Do you wallow in your sorrow? Do you keep the lessons God has taught you deep inside of you? Each of us has been given trials that we can learn from. We as women have so much to offer each other when it comes to offering comfort. Would you be willing to look at your life and ask what lessons God has taught you and then ask God to open doors to help you share? I promise you, God will bless you more than you could ever imagine. Think about it.

Please keep in your prayers this weekend all those affected by the hurricane.

God bless,

Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind but I had to share this on facebook. I think all too often we can get caught up in "why me?" when something bad happens to you. I'm so sorry you lost your daughter. I too lost a child -- a son, 18 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you lost your son. Thank you for sharing it on fb. Why me never really helps. Knowing that God can use our grief for something positive is a true gift.
    Thanks for sharing Dottie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read this dear One. I am blessed by sharing with you. I am so sorry that you have endured such pain :( My young son sitting beside me questioned why we have to suffer pain of loss, and I am so grateful that I can share with him that we are always being made like Jesus, love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete