Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gratituesday

Good morning everyone and welcome to Gratituesday. It is a day we set aside to remember all that God has done for us.

Two weeks ago we dropped off Daniel in Arkansas for college. Michael came with us so we went as a family. We got to St. Louis Friday evening and spent the weekend with my very favorite brother (okay, so he is the only one) and his lovely bride of almost 30 years RoseAnn. We also got to meet the newest member of the family puppy Ike.

John and RoseAnn have never had human babies but they have had marvelous dogs. This dog was found to have been chained outside for several years and was severely malnourished. They rescued him from a shelter. We loved on Ike which he needs lots of right now.

Brother John is a serious bike rider and he was the one who encouraged me to get a bike and train. Needless to say the past few years my bike has just hung in the garage with no use. The plan was to ride with my brother again just for the fun of it. He borrowed a nice bike for me and off we went. What a thrill to get back on the saddle. We rode on a fabulous bike trail right next to Grant's Farm where the Clydesdale's are. I averaged 14.5 miles on the way out and 13.5 on the way back. Not bad for not riding the past few years.

We get back to the house and I am panting and all sweaty and there stood Michael. I challenged him to get on the bike and beat his Mama's time. Silly Mom, why did I do such a thing? Any man/cub needs to know they can beat their Mama at bike riding! And any sane Mama knows you can never beat a 16 year old man/cub! So what did he do, he beat my time by 13 minutes. Apparently he only used one leg, lol. He came back with barely a drop of sweat too.

I got to be with my favorite sister in law and gab, I got to hug on my favorite brother, meet the new puppy Ike and watch my man/cub Michael beat me on the bike! Life is good and for that I am grateful!



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment