Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gratituesday

You know what today is? It is Gratituesday. A time we set aside to just be thankful. SO many times we ask God for this and for that and forget to just rest in the LORD and count our blessings.

For almost a year now we have been worshipping with the congregation our son and daughter go to. We left our last congregation ending a 10 year full time ministry. I have always been a very traditional “ministers wife” and loved every moment. Well, maybe one or two weren’t so great but the rest was heaven sent. I loved serving the ladies of the congregation. I loved teaching the ladies Bible class. I loved giving homemade bread to our visitors and I loved praying with sisters who needed someone to come along side of them and pray, weep or rejoice. I was made for being a ministers wife. And then in an instant it was over. No fan fare just over.

My husband was too ill to remember much of that time but I have not forgotten. So I sat for the last year in the pew and allowed God to wash healing rain pour over my soul. I didn’t volunteer for anything, I didn’t teach or offer anything else to this congregation except to sit quietly. God has been faithful and never abandoned me in that pew.

This past Sunday we had a speaker that is the president of Christian Relief Fund. His story was amazing. This congregation supports an AID’s day school for children born with the terrible disease. Most are orphaned. They live in a part of Kenya that is supposed to be one of the worst examples in the world of abject poverty. He made his pitch and my heart was tender to the suffering. Later the elders asked each of the members who had done mission work this year and there were 5 or 6 people who stood. Each was sent from the congregation to far-away places to be Jesus’ hands and feet.

It was then that I realized my little pew had now become home for me. The elders have loved on us, prayed over Rich and I and anointed us with oil. I love these men. I love their vision and I love their hearts of service to God.

Thank you Father for putting me right where I need to be. For that I am truly grateful.

God Bless



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. What a blessed place for you to be! I am so grateful with you that the Lord is filling you for now! Filling you with Him...preparing you for the next step..either inside the church or somewhere else...like right here in this blog! God bless you Sister for sharing your heart, for sharing His teachings to you and for sharing your love! I am so grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You feel blessed to be at your new home, but your presence here is a blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete