Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gratituesday August 9th

Meet my granddaughter Sarah. She is the one in the princess swimsuit which she wears Monday through Saturday and half of Sunday! When we moved in 11 months ago she was just about to turn 2. Her speech was pretty limited to Mama and Daddy. She can now speak in sentences which has been an interesting development. When she says, "no mommy, leave me alone" I can't help but chuckle (without anyone noticing of course). I have grown to love Sarah on a different level than I did a year ago. She has become more precious and more dear to me.

Tonight at dinner she wanted to say the prayer. We were all in a circle bowing our heads when she changed positions and came between Grandpa and Grammy. We held her little hands and bowed our heads. She prayed the coolest prayer. Listen to that little voice thanking God for her grammy that made the food just melted my heart.

Living in community (which is a sweet way to say we live with our daughter, her hubby and their 5 children) is not for the faint of heart. It is VERY tough no matter how "good" everyone is. Tonight living in community took on a new roll. I am watching before my very eyes 5 grandchildren that are being molded and shaped to love the LORD. For that I am humbled and completely grateful for every minute I get to watch. Thank you LORD!

In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. How blessed you are to have your granddaughter with you like that. I have lived with my mother and brother at times, so I know it isn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that you have a daughter and son in-law that love you all so much that they would open their home to you all and share that space. We have had several family members living with us at different times during the last 3 years and it's not easy...no matter how much you love someone. It's not easy on the one staying in someone else's home either. I am thankful that you all have the opportunity to share in these little ones developing. Reminds me of the Waltons:) You are having an impact on the lives of your grandchildren and that's a good thing. I know it's tough, but keep enjoying the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete