Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Works Part 2

Good morning to each of you. A congregation that we worked with presented it's members with business side cards that had in big letters RAOK. We nicknamed them rock cards which stands for random acts of kindness.

We were asked to go into our communities and help perfect strangers and hand them the card and walk away. That card made me think.

Each of us are supposed to be Jesus' hands and feet and God has called us to do good works. We all know that but how do we put that in practice?

Let me tell you how I put it into practice. I go through the drive thru at McD's when I am alone. I will order something on the dollar menu and a free cup of water. I ask God to help me be wise with the money he entrusts with us. There are times when I feel led to tell people that God loves them. So, when I get up to the money window and pay my bill I ask how much the person behind me owes and then I pay it. When I get up to the next window to pick up my food I tell the person I have paid for the person behind me. I ask them to tell the person that I don't know them but I know that God truly loves them and to have a good day.

I have heard of people paying groceries for the person behind them. I know that seems extreme but that is just one example. People are hurting both economically and spiritually. There are as many ways as there are people. One time when I was with several ladies for breakfast I was the last to place my order with the waiter. I shared that we would be praying over our meal in a few minutes and wondered if there was anything we could pray for him about. Much to my surprise

he bent down, shared his story and bowed his head. I thought he would give his prayer request and move on but he was ready to be prayed over so that is just what we did. It has been over 5 years and still pray for him when he comes to mind.

If we want to think on things above then perhaps we can see what is in front of us as a huge opportunity to be Jesus' hands and feet. THere are lots of ways to do this. My examples are just a few. I bet if you looked you could also find ways to serve people with kindness.

Something to think about today.

In Christ Alone

Jill

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "oh crud, she's up"



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. It is also very convicting. How much can I do for someone else, just by doing a "little" something. Thank-you for sharing.
    Lord Bless!
    S. Allums

    ReplyDelete