Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Eye of the Storm

My dear sisters in Christ;

We are walking right into the eye of the storm. It’s not like we weren’t warned that this was coming. I was a huge fan of Larry Burkett back in the day. He wrote a book called “The Coming Economic Earthquake.” By the way for all you English majors, I know a book is supposed to be underlined but I have yet to figure out how to do that on my computer! If someone wants to enlighten me I would so appreciate it. Back to the story…

Larry Burkett wrote the book back in 1991 and a lot of people made fun of it. Few people believed that our government could get into the kind of trouble he predicted. We can always borrow our way out of debt according to some financial sectors. But here we are in 2011 and our countries financial books were just downgraded. Most people could not fathom that happening. In fact I watched Timothy Geithner our Treasury Secretary tell the news folks that we would never be downgraded and here we are.

Our countries situation has been heavy on my heart the past year. I see our lack of moral conciseness. With my very own eyes I see the decay that is brought about by either straddling the fence or the total disregard for the natural order of things. Down, down, down we go.

There are a few things as Christian women that we can do for our country. First and foremost we need to be prayer warriors for this nation. On our knees for a nation that is slowly sliding into a pit. This is the most important thing we can do right now.

The second most important thing we can do is plan for the future when it comes to our families. My next few entries will be about things as women we can do.

Our hope has NEVER been found in our circumstances. We are NEVER hopeless because we have been bought with a price so we need to glorify our God in everything we do.

Till tomorrow.

IN Christ Alone,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment