Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The View is Stunning!


Good morning ladies. I hope you are having a truly blessed day. I just have to share an experience I had on Monday. Our house has been overflowing with people for the last 10 days due to our son's graduation. Serenity and I really wanted to have one day where we all went somewhere really fun. We came up with Cedar Point, the ultimate day of fun in the sun. We are a roller coaster family and Cedar Point has the best. About halfway through the day several of us decided we wanted to try the newest "ride" in the park called "Wind Seeker". You sit in these swings and are buckled in snuggly which is a good thing since it takes you 301 feet up in the air! First it takes you half way up and just swings all the seats round and round. Then it takes you all the way to the top and round and round you go, just you in this swing. The view is breathtaking. Lake Erie is right next to the park and the swings are right at the edge so you are over the water. Swinging up above the park gives you a unique perspective. Down on the ground it is really hard to see past right where you are. Up above though you can see the whole picture.

As I was having the time of my life up in the clouds (okay, so I wasn't up quite that far) I thought about God's view. You see, he can see the big picture of our lives. For us, we tend to live in the moment and not see the big picture. We get bogged down in our daily lives that are sometimes filled with trials. Solomon challenged us to live above the clouds because everything under the sun is folly.

Riding the Wind Seeker was a wonderful respite for me. By the way, it is called the Wind Seeker because it is very windy 301 feet above the ground! I am thankful it did not go any faster than it did due to the wind.

The lesson I learned while riding is this, keep the big picture in my mind. It is easy for me to get bogged down in everyday life. Watching my husband suffer so is very hard emotionally. Trying to juggle the finances is tough. Living in our daughter and son in laws home is a huge challenge. So much loss.... yet so many blessings. No matter what your challenges are I am asking you today to look at your big picture. Go above the everyday and look up into the clouds and see the big picture. You will be blessed if you do.

Till next time.

In Christ Alone,

Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. So Good! I love the verse " Seek those things which are above where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affections on things above not on this earth. For you are dead and your life is hid withChrist in God.". I love how you bring out the fact that He sees everything!

    www.lorialexander.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! I definitely find that I get so caught up in the moment that I forget what else is going on around me. I lose focus of the big picture too often and instead whine and complain about the little things in life that don't even matter (like my 5 year old spilling her snack... again. :) )

    ReplyDelete