Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vanilla Extract is Here!

Dear Friends;

For several years now I have been making homemade vanilla extract. It started out as a fun project that I could make to use in my favorite recipes. Then I decided I should make some extra and give as Christmas gifts for our extended family. Then I was encouraged to sell my vanilla at our farmers market down the road. Last summer before we moved I sold all my extra at our local market and had so much fun watching people's faces as they listened to me explain how vanilla extract is made. I wanted to double or triple my batches and sell again this summer. However, when my husband lost his job and then we lost our home and moved in with our daughter I no longer had a farmers market within 2 miles of our home.

In our new town the local farmers market is 30 minutes away. It is a professional farmers market that does not fare well for little "vendors" like me. So, here I am with lots and lots of vanilla and no way to get it into people's hands until now.

My blog is all about God's word and not food. However there are several ladies in the Bible who sold things to help their families. This is my way to help our family. I have a separate page for my vanilla so it does not interfere with my blog. You can click on the homemade vanilla button and see what I have to offer. If you are not interested fear not, this is the only article I will write about it.

In Christ Alone,

Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment