Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sage advice from Flylady


And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word, 19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 20 Mark 4:18-20 (ESV

Good morning ladies. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with friends or family. The freedom that we enjoy in this country was bought with the blood of our young men and women willing to defend that gift. Jesus also paid the ultimate price for our ultimate freedom. For that I am truly thankful.

Some years ago a friend introduced me to this fluffy little purple lady named Flylady. She was very bossy. She would come into my inbox everyday and tell me how to organize my home. Flylady divides your home into zones so that every month each room of your home has been cleaned from top to bottom. I have always loved Flylady even though my dh calls her the "bug woman" !

One of her famous quotes concerns clutter. "You can't organize clutter. The only way to deal with clutter is to get rid of it." Those are powerful words in my book because she is not only talking about clutter in our homes but clutter in our heads.

Everything we buy has a cost, not only in money but in time and attention. "Stuff" will clutter up our brains. I have had to learn that lesson the hard way. When my brain is going a million miles a minute it is hard to concentrate. So much information takes our attention away from what really matters.

Jesus' point is so clear. Our desires for more "stuff" and our cluttered brains will make us unfruitful because the gospel gets pushed aside. The cure is next... Till then.

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment