Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Brains







When I think of the amazing intricacies of the human brain I stand in awe. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Since God is our creator then he knows just how our bodies will function. He has the best advice for how to live our lives. Our challenge then will be to learn how to unclutter those brains of ours!

I have been on a journey to unclutter my brain now for a couple of years. I would love to say I have it all figured out but that would be a lie but I am being intentional about the unclutter process. My brain has been going at mach speed for years. I think it all started when I had my second child. I started the juggling act with my children, my home and God. Time became more scarce while I got busier and busier. I can remember telling my then 2 year old, "Gabriel, could you please stop talking for just a couple of minutes so Mommy can think?" That is when I realized my brain became cluttered. How did I get to this place? Probably the same way you got there, information overload.

That is where the computer has come in. Technology is a wonderful thing but it has a double edged sword. Did you know that when the washing machine was first produced it revolutionized the clothing industry and "freed" women from the drudgery of hand washing clothes. The wringer washer was a wonderful addition to the homemakers arsenals of tools. Most women owned just a few simple dresses at the time but with the advent of the washer women had the flexibility to own more and more since there was such much time saved. More and more "stuff" is the result of any new technology that comes along.

Just think about your life and what more and more stuff brings to your day. All of that "stuff" adds to our brain clutter. It sounds funny but spend some time thinking about it. I am greatly challenged by this verse;

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior. 1 Timothy 2:2

How are you challenged by this verse? I would love to hear.

Till then

In Christ Alone,

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".



No comments:

Post a Comment