Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Testimony

Today I woke up and went directly to the obituaries and did not find myself there so I decided it was time to share my testimony with you! J

On my first day of middle school over 40 years ago I met a girl named Stacy. She and I walked to school every day. God had already touched my heart and I was searching. Having been raised Christian Science I saw that Mary Baker Eddy’s Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures was inconsistent with the God’s Word. I wanted to find a church that had no creed book. I believed at that time I would only be judged by God’s scripture so I wanted a church that only used God’s word. Stacey had never heard of a creed book so I figured I had just found a church.

I felt at home immediately when I went to her congregation. The men of the church always opened their Bibles to answer my questions and I loved that. I took my Bible everywhere. I remember having a big paperback “The Living Way” Bible. I read and I read and I read some more. At some point when I read Acts and asked Stacy, “Shouldn’t I be baptized and give my life to the LORD?” So, I took the plunge in more ways than one!

I would love to tell you that I was a holy teenager from that point on. I remember wearing mini-skirts and not listening when the elders shared with me about modesty. I remember going to the prom and not listening about dancing and what it could lead to. I struggled back then to put all areas of my life under the authority of God.

I spent many years taking two steps forward and one step back. I look back and remember the challenges that God has used to mold and shape me. More importantly, I know what God has rescued me from! If the LORD had not gotten my attention I would be out on the streets. He had a plan for my life just like you. He wants me to glorify Him in all I do and say. The best part is that He loves me more than I will ever comprehend. God put my precious friend Stacey in my life to speak truth into my life. I can’t imagine my life without the LORD. She was God’s tool to bring me to salvation.

Have the courage ladies to speak truth into someone’s life. Share the good news that Jesus is truly LORD of LORD’s and King of Kings. You will never regret it!

Till next time.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment