Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our Daily Appointment

My dear friends, how I have missed you. I have wanted to take up my pen and just write but as you know God had prompted me to jump off the Internet highway. What a ride it was. I have learned so many things during the past 6 weeks. Once I posted the last blog I never came back. I deleted all of the blogs I had been following. Other than paying my bills on line I totally fasted from the Internet.

I started listening to the Bible on CD again. I wanted to focus on Jesus and His words so I listened to the 4 gospels back to back over and over again. I quilted and listened. I cleaned and ironed while listening to the gospels. It helped me focus on Jesus' ministry. I also listened to Ravi Zacharias' sermons, the great apologist and theologian. He said something that has become my mantra.

"The biggest battle you will ever face is your daily appointment with God. Lose that battle and every other battle will be lost."

God's word is his love letter to you and I. We do have a daily appointment that we simply can't miss. It should be on our calendars every day, time with the LORD. Don't get out of bed each morning and try this battle we are in without the one daily appointment that is more important than all others.

Want to join me? I have missed you all.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jill! I'm thankful you were obedient - and thankful that you are writing again! I needed this reminder today. What a joy to know the Spirit is right there with us, helping to keep our daily time with God. Thanks for being His instrument. kjs :O)

    ReplyDelete