Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Are YOU a Saint?

What comes to your mind when you think of a saint? Mother Teresa comes to my mind. She was a very tiny woman in stature but a power house in serving “the least of these” in society. She sure seems like a saint to me. However, most of us don’t live like Mother Teresa. We haven’t given up the comforts of our homes or trade money and social status to serve the LORD. She was an amazing woman, truly a saint.

Most of us would not want to be referred to as a saint. In fact I am pretty sure we would argue with anyone that would attempt such silliness! According to scripture we are saints. I went and looked up the word in the Greek. It occurs 95 times in the entire Bible. In the New Testament it means “most holy thing”; and is an adjective that describes those in Christ. We are God’s people that are called to be holy. That is what makes us a saint.

With that in mind we are going to start the book of Ephesians today. Paul wrote the book while in prison to the saints, not to a particular church. So if you are a saint then this book was written for you! If you have accepted my challenge of reading and praying one hour a day then I would encourage you to start the book of Ephesians. Reading this small book each day will be a wonderful way to glean the treasures inside.

If you are a saint then join me as we strive to be a most holy thing for our Savior!

Till tomorrow

In Christ Alone,

Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! I can't stand it when Christians talk about what a sinner they are yet God calls us saints!!! You live up to what you call yourself!

    ReplyDelete