Friday, April 29, 2011

An Adopted Daughter

Larry walked me down the aisle, then turned around and performed our wedding ceremony. Larry became Dad and Laura became my mom. None of us have ever looked back. I not only became their daughter but I now had a place at the table. My “position” has been secure for almost 34 years now.

Paul tells us this… In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. In the book of Romans Paul says…

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. Romans 8:14-17 (ESV)

Adoption is a wonderful thing. It takes a child who would not otherwise have parents and gives that child parents and gives them a position in the family. I am so thankful that Larry and Laura “adopted me”! They provided stability and a place within their family to become mine.

God adopted me too; the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior and came in contact with his blood through baptism and confessed that he is LORD of LORD and King of Kings. I became a member of God’s family. That is why I can cry, “Abba! Father!

In Christ Alone,

Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. When was this picture taken. Wonderful group of people:) Back online...trying to catch up reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo, but of course I am a little biased!!!
    Love and miss you Jill!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete