Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank you LORD Jesus Gratituesday


There are some weeks where I have to pray for insight into things to be thankful for. It’s just that kind of life we have right now. This week however was a no-brainer. Every parent knows the dread of the phone ringing when their teens are out on the road. The second I heard his voice I knew. There had been a wreck. Are you alright was the first question. Quietly, I hear yes Mom we are okay. Anyone else in the accident? Yes Mom but I think they are alright. I asked if they could drive it home and then I hear the second words I dreaded. Mom, the car is totaled. My mind raced.. if the car is totaled how could they be alright? I then said we would be right there.

Driving was a huge challenge since the roads were icy and the snow was come down pretty fast. About a mile before we came up to the accident I looked at my side rear view window and watched a car in the left lane spin out of control and hit the car in the right lane. I thought, ah that’s how it happened. The only difference was son was in the right lane, spun out of control into the left lane, the car in the left hit him and then they both spun into the concrete wall. Smack, right into a concrete wall at 70 miles an hour and no air bag deployed! Bruises is all they walked away with. Three small children in the second car all buckled in safely in the back seat and mom and sister up front safe and sound. Two totaled cars and 7 people walk away.

Can you think of anything better to be thankful for?

What are you thankful for, I would love to know.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

3 comments:

  1. So thankful that everyone is alright. God sends us angels to protect us and I'm so thankful for this. We are traveling today after months of waiting for good weather to travel to IL to see my parents. Pray for safe travel there and back. I know the feeling you had when the phone rang. When the kids are out, you always worry and pray for them. So glad that everyone is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that everyone was okay. Sometimes it's really like angels wrap their wings around vehicles when accidents like that happens. :hug:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late on reading this, but I am so thankful for the safety God provided for your kids and the other family. Thru the years, I have had many times to thank the Lord for my children's safety on the roads. God has kept them from harm so many times! Love you guys,

    ReplyDelete