Friday, March 4, 2011

Sin All Cleaned Up! Day 62


As the story unfolds in Ezekiel we see God’s heartbroken over infidelity. Unfaithfulness is a tragedy. Imagine walking into your bedroom and finding the man you love with another woman. The searing pain has got to be indescribable. I have never experienced the grief of infidelity so I can only imagine. I keep thinking about the unfaithfulness of the Israelites, God’s chosen ones. In many places they are described as prostituting themselves. I can’t imagine the pain God feels when His people turn.

Parts of Ezekiel are very graphic s*. I don’t know that I would want my boys reading some of Ezekiel to be honest because it is so graphic. As I was reading one part I just turned my head in disgust. It is written in such a way that shames me. As God’s people we should blush and feel shame when we prostitute ourselves. Strong words, aren’t they? We would not want to use that word to describe ourselves or those we love. God doesn’t hesitate though.

One of Satan’s lies to us is that sin is glamorous. He makes it sound exciting, thrilling, the ride of a lifetime etc. etc. etc. Truth is sin is ugly. Like Las Vegas the lights at night are gorgeous and tempting to the eye. Once the night is over, Vegas is a dirty creepy town. All the garbage is brought out in the morning and there is nothing tempting about filth once the Son come out.

God is faithful though. He has loved His own when they are prostituting themselves and grieve for them to come back. That my sweet friend is what it is all about. We are washed clean with His blood. That is what amazing grace is all about.

Have a great weekend and keep reading.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment