Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Don't Have a Clue Day 60


Here we are in the book of Ezekiel and I just have to admit right here and now, I have absolutely no clue! I don’t get half of what I am reading in this book. Describing a “man” that has 4 faces and 4 wings just makes my head hurt. I tried to picture Ezekiel “eating” the scroll and it tasting like honey. I know what you are thinking, how stupid are you Jill? It’s a metaphor. Okay, I get it. Fill your mind, body and soul with God’s word.

What about another “man” sitting on top of a throne made of sapphire. From the waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full on fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. All these word pictures make my brain swirl.

My all time favorite, Ezekiel being told to lay on his left side for 390 day. He was instructed to make bread, baking it in the sight of the people using “human excrement “ for fuel. Now that is just gross L

When you are talking about the Israelites it would not be complete without talking about idols. They struggled for centuries with their passion for idols. What I love is the description that Ezekiel gives of what God offers to His people when they are fully devoted to Him. Listen…

Therefore say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.’ 18 And when they come there, they will remove from it all its detestable things and all its abominations. 19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, 20 that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezek 11:17-20 (ESV)

A new heart is what God promises and that I can understand! J

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment