Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 83 I Never Saw That Scripture Before!

One of the really cool things about studying God’s word is finding little treasures. I might have read this verse for years and just passed it by, that is, till tonight.

Thanksgiving and Prayer

15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him.

Eph 1:15-17 (ESV)

The New International Version says, …”may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, that you may know him better.

I have prayed for people to be healed, to help them conquer a sin and to thank God for them but I think I can say I have never prayed that someone I love knows Him better. Hmmm, perhaps this is normal for you but for me I had never thought about praying for my loved one to know our Father better.

Note to self, start praying for those I love in a new way! Thank you Father for calling me to stretch.

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment