Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Teachable Spirit


Good morning to each of you. I would love to encourage each of you to be in God’s Word everyday. God has so much to teach us. His love for His children shine all through the Bible.

We are now in Psalms, most of which was written by David. Remember reading in 1&2 Kings and 1&2 Samuel? David spent a lot of time before Saul died hiding from him. He spent a fair share of his life hiding in caves. While in those caves he wrote poems to His Redeemer, God. God said that David was a man after His own heart. What better way to learn about a heart that God honors is to read the heart of David.

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 2 O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me. 3 Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame; they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. 4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. 5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalms 25:1-5 (ESV)

I have always been drawn to women that have what I call a teachable spirit. One who knows that GOD is the Master Potter. Someone who allows Him lead her. We so often want to do all the leading and this verse shows us that David was willing to be led. He was willing to be taught. Lord, may I never forget to have a teachable spirit. One that lets me be guided.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment