Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Half Way There, YAHOO!


Good morning ladies. We are now officially half way to finishing the entire Bible in 90 days. For those of you who are reading with me I am SO very proud of you! Do a happy dance.

We are now in the book of Proverbs. They are pithy sayings using comparison and contrast. There are many important truths found in this book filled with wisdom. Most of these proverbs were written by Solomon. Some of the topics that are praised are the pursuit of wisdom, liberality, faithfulness and honesty in business relationships. Some of the topics that are written about to be avoided are; eating and drinking to excess, speaking lies, laziness and keeping bad company. So let’s get on with our reading.

On several occasions Solomon asks his readers to listen. Having raised a passel of children I can tell you a Mom spends a lot of time asking (sometimes pleading) her children to listen to her. Over and over again Solomon says, listen my son. Probably each of us has some regrets from our childhood and teen years. How we wished we had listened to wise counsel. I know many women who are seemingly forever stuck in regret for lack of listening.

Jesus even asks us to listen to him;

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” 37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world— to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

John 18:36-37 (ESV)

God, please give us listening ears that hear your voice.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment