Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratituesday


Today is my favorite day, Gratituesday. It is the day we stop and think about all God has done for us and count our blessings. Remember the song, Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done, Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done.

Today I am thankful for a wonderful opportunity to get away for a couple of days. Both of our sons still living at home were going to Winterfest, a huge teen function in Gatlinburg Tennessee for the weekend. I am so blessed to live with 5 of our grandchildren each and every day. There are two though that we had not seen since Christmas. With fear and trepidation hubby and I headed out.

Back in the day hubby did most of the driving but we live in a new reality. Since hubby can't drive it is left to me which doesn't seem like a big deal but it is something I have had to get used to. I can very easily fall asleep driving for any distance! With lots of prayer we arrived safely.

We got to our son's home and found little feet running towards us. It was wonderful to hold those two precious little grandchildren again. Hugs and kisses all around. I got to read book after book to our granddaughter and giggle and snuggle with her. Our grandson is so very busy at 17 months he simply does not have time for books. It was wonderful to see them again. Daughter in law is going to deliver baby #3, our 8th grandchild in less than 2 months.

It is very hard for hubby to travel. I debated whether not we should attempt the 6 hour drive. On Saturday morning I regretted going since he was doing so poorly at that point. But he rallied and did pretty well all things considered. For which I am eternally grateful we made the trip.
Thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I am so glad you were able to see your other grandchildren and that the trip was safe for you and Rich.
    I have learned from your and Rich's story that I should not take things for granted as much as I have in the past. This was especially brought home to me as I was thinking about the thing I am really grateful for this week. My husband let me twist his arm into painting the inside of the house. Something he is good at but it is a big project. I am thankful that he is willing and able to do it.

    ReplyDelete