Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gratituesday


Good morning precious friends. Today is Tuesday which means it is Gratituesday. This is the day we stop and reflect on what God has done for us. This has been an unusual week for me. Having pneumonia has forced me to be still. It has given me more time in God’s word. Thankfully our Dad has been here with us. The plan had been to take dh back to Tennessee for a week but it became obvious that was not a good idea. So Dad stayed and became my right hand and my left! He chauffeured son #6 every place he needed to go which is huge when you are involved in sports and a school that is 30 minutes away. Dad treated us all last night to a wonderful Chinese feast. He has been a huge blessing. I could not have been sick without him!

Our dad has been my dad for close to 34 years now. He walked me down the aisle when I married their son. He then turned around and performed the ceremony. He has been an inspiration to me all these years. Not content to rest on his knowledge of God’s word he has challenged each of his kids to search God’s word and grow. Right now he is studying the Bible in Chinese. I am proud to be his daughter. Thank you God for bringing Dad into my life all those years ago. Blessing me with a dad who truly loves and serves the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that God answered my prayer that he would send someone to care for you guys while you are sick:) Thanks be to our wonderful provider God. Hope you are feeling better each day. Deb

    ReplyDelete