Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 30


We have now finished day 30! We are now one-third of the way to finishing our task, yahoo J

Today was such a powerful reading for me. First, I now understand why Uzzah was killed for grabbing the ark when the ox stumbled. This event has always given me pause. If God would strike Uzzah down for not letting the ark fall to the ground then what chance do I have? Perspective that is what is needed. When we continue to read and get to chapter 15 David tells us why things went badly.

Then David summoned the priests Zadok and Abiathar, and the Levites Uriel, Asaiah, Joel, Shemaiah, Eliel, and Amminadab, 12 and said to them, “You are the heads of the fathers’ houses of the Levites. Consecrate yourselves, you and your brothers, so that you may bring up the ark of the Lord, the God of Israel, to the place that I have prepared for it. 13 Because you did not carry it the first time, the Lord our God broke out against us, because we did not seek him according to the rule.”

1 Chron 15:11-13 (ESV)

I get it now. They had disobeyed God by not asking him how it should be carried. In other words, they ran ahead of God. How many times have I run ahead of God? As Paul Harvey used to say, “Now you know the rest of the story”.

The other thing that struck me in today’s reading is David’s heart. Once the ark was put where God had wanted it David speaks to the people in chapter 16. My favorite is found in verse 34. “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever”. That gives me great hope. If God’s love never fails then I can rest in God’s arms.

In David’s prayer to God in chapter 17 he shows such humbleness . “Who am I , O LORD God; and what is my family, that you have brought me this far”? He goes on to say there is no one like God. He demonstrates his reverence for the LORD. Ladies, we serve an awesome God. Let us never forget who He is!

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment