Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gratituesday


Good morning ladies. I hope you remember that today is Gratituesday. Every Tuesday we spend the day counting our blessings. It is SO easy to forget isn't it?

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend time as a family that included our lost boy. I wrote about him back in the fall. He is a young man that desperately needs to see the hand of God and to accept His mercy and grace. We have been apart for almost a year with him living at a boarding school for troubled boys and the last 2 months out in the wilderness learning lessons about survival.

He came home to reconcile with his Dad. He didn't want to have something happen to his Dad without asking for his forgiveness. It took great courage to come home and face the kind of behavior that got him sent to a treatment center. Pride had eaten him up and so he had to let go of that pride to come before his Dad.

I stood back and watched the first site of the two of the coming together. I watched the tears flow from both their eyes. I saw the last year fade into the past for both of them. I truly believe it was a "God thing" from the start to the finish. God worked a miracle and restored a broken relationship. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.

Lost boy is no longer lost. For that I am truly thankful.
In Christ Alone,
Jill

3 comments:

  1. How amazing the love of God is and the way he protects us and leads us home. I am thrilled to read this post and pray that healing in this department continues. You know, it's been said that stress kills...I'm sure it has been a factor in diminishing Rich's health. I pray that some healing will occur because of this reconciliation. Praise God for all His blessings. Thank you for sharing this with all that love you:) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill you make me want to cry, this truly amazing!

    I love you,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and Rich and this time you had together with your son. God is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete