Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 9 A Good Reason


Today we are in the middle of Leviticus and something popped out at me when I was reading all the do’s and don’ts.

God gives the reason why he has laid out all the rules. We need to remember that God loves his children deeply. He wants his children to be safe from harm. He wants his people to honor their creator with their lives.

Listen to what God himself says,

You Shall Be Holy

22 “You shall therefore keep all my statutes and all my rules and do them, that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out. 23 And you shall not walk in the customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I detested them. 24 But I have said to you, ‘You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey.’ I am the Lord your God, who has separated you from the peoples.

Lev 20:22-24 (ESV)

God was serious about his people being holy. I am afraid we find it very easy to “walk in the way” of our culture today. Remember we are learning about God’s character. I have to believe he feels the same way today. In fact in Romans 12 :1 says,

A Living Sacrifice

1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. That is a promise you can hang your hat on!

Jiller

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment