Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 15 Moses' Farewell


I love reading about the life of Moses. He started out his life being hid in a basket and then adopted by the Princess of Egypt. God used 40 years in the desert to mold and shape Moses’ character. God calls him and he argues. He wanted the job of leading the Israelites out of Egypt about as much as he wanted to get a hole in his head! The really neat part is God is the potter and we are the clay. God took Moses and molded him to be one of the greatest leaders. He learned courage, patience, obedience and reverence for Yahweh.

I use to feel so bad that Moses never got to enter the Promised Land with the people. After going through a detailed study of Moses I changed my mind. God was doing Moses a favor by ending his life right before the conquest. He had spent many years leading the people. Day in and day out he had to listen to the constant bickering, the never ending complaining and the heavy load of caring for the Israelites.

Moses had a unique relationship with God. He spent long periods of time in His presence up on the mountains. I want that kind of relationship with the Master too. I want to be shaped into his image. I want to have eyes that sees what G sees and a heart for the lost like God did. I want ears to hear the cries of the poor and downtrodden. I want to be a servant like Moses.

What about you? Something to think about as we start this new week.

In Christ Alone,

Jill

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment