Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 10 & 11


Hey there ladies. I hope those who are reading with me are hanging in there. My daughter has joined in on the reading and she is smoking through the reading and she started three days late. I can’t let her get ahead of me! lol

If you are struggling with your reading then I would encourage you to pray, tuck the children in and start reading. You can do it!

The book of Numbers is interesting. Some of the things we are told are repeats. The book is called Numbers because the Israelites were numbered twice while in the wilderness. Speaking of the Israelites have you heard about Palti son of Raphu? How about Ammiel son of Gemalli? No? You have never heard of these men? These two men had zero courage and lousy memories. They were sent in along with Joshua and Caleb to scout out the land they were promised. A land flowing with milk and honey right in front of them and no backbone. They ended up dying in the desert, never getting to the land that was given to them.

Palti and Ammiel and the rest who lacked faith missed out on the blessings just waiting for them. I wonder how often we lose out on gifts God has for us because we lack faith? I want to be more like Joshua and Caleb. Don’t you?

In Christ Alone,

Jill

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that we are not the only ones who started late. We didn't start until Jan. 11th, but have been reading double to catch up. Today, we start in Exodus and eventually will catch up with the rest of the group. I've read Genesis a lot of times, but actually noticed a few names & such that I hadn't before. The only book we are not looking forward to is Leviticus....all those names...it's a difficult book to get through we think. Did you have more trouble with this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I meant to say Numbers...we wish the names would be written with the pronunciation shown...would be a little easier. I'm sure we are butchering some of them. One name that tickles us is Oholibama:)I won't expound on that one.

    ReplyDelete