Monday, December 20, 2010

Draw Near

I love the book of Hebrews. I remember years ago when we lived in the Azores I taught a ladies class in our home and this is the book I taught. This wonderful book is all about not giving up or throwing away what we have. Boy is that good advice for today.

Jesus already died for our sins once and for all. He does not want us to go back to our old lives. Instead he wants us to draw near.

When I think of draw near I think about being hugged by my Papa. Do you remember what it is like to be hugged by someone who adores you. There is that warm and fuzzy feeling. For me, when I don't get to see my grandchildren for a long period of times I long to hug them. When I finally get to see them I want to grab them and hug them forever.

Our Papa, our Heavenly Father wants a relationship with us. He wants us to run to him and be held close. Like little children we can long for that comfort that only he can give.

Since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:21-25

We serve an awesome God. One who wants to be in communion with his children. To that I can only say, "hold me Papa."

2 comments:

  1. Our Abba Father,,hold us tightly in your magnificent embrace Sweet Jesus...
    Thanks for this share Sweet Sis.. Its been a while since I came by but wanted to say~~~You are an Awesome woman of God and His ways...
    Thanks for being YOU!!!
    Merry Christmas~~~May our Sweet LORD cover You with blessings while you seek Him in this, His beautiful season.
    Isn't it magnificent knowing He is the Reason for every Season...I'm sooooo very blessed that He directed me to such Beautiful Blogging Sister's ..Truly, it sooooo warms my heart......Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding us of the awesomeness of our Papa. I don't know how anyone can "survive" lives challenges without him. I thank God for people like you that remind us to stop and give Thanks.
    Trina

    ReplyDelete