Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thankful Heart


Yes, I am very late! However, I have achieved a small victory. My computer has not let me on the site for a week now and I finally figured out how to clear my cache and my cookies. Although I was about to lose my cookies if I didn't get fixed pretty soon :) Back to Thanksgiving.

I have a theory so tell me what you think. The powers that be (and I am not sure who they are) have decided that Halloween and Christmas are THE holidays. Thanksgiving is just an excuse to move straight to Christmas. Shops are now open on Thanksgiving. Black Friday is now going to be Black Thursday. Every turkey should be afraid, very afraid. They are about to go the way of the dinosaurs.

I think the first Pilgrims who celebrated would roll over in their graves if they saw what Thanksgiving looked like now. As a nation we barely give a nod this day for what we are thankful for. Zoom right to the Christmas shopping spree, after stuffing ourselves with all the trimmings.

For me this is a special holiday. The fist Pilgrim were thankful that they were all still standing upright since most of the group had died. Vertical, horizontal, you chose. Since I am still vertical I will give my list of what I am truly thankful for.

1. God still loves Jill Roper, inspite of the fact that I mess up on a daily basis, The Master of the Universe still loves me, amazing

2. I have my husband vertical.

3. We are not homeless even though we have lost our home.

4. I have two boys left at home that give me great joy.

5. I have my husband living and breathing next to me.

6. I have the coolest grandchildren who also happen to be talented and cute to boot!

7. I have a daughter and son-in-law who were willing to give up their privacy so we weren't homeless.

8. We have prayer warriors in several countries who petition God on our behalf daily

9. I have the most amazing siblings who also give me great joy!

10. I have three grown children who love the LORD and have good solid marriages, thank you Jesus.

So think about it dear reader, there is much to be thankful for this holiday season. What does your list look like?

God's richest blessings on you.

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for so many things today.
    1. I got to spend a week with my parents for Thanksgiving.
    2. My kids were out of school all week so I got to spend the week with them and not share them with their friends or studies.
    3. My husband has a new job and it is less stressful and so much better for him.
    4. We have a dear friend that is looking for a bigger house for us within our price range that will meet our needs and be beautiful at the same time, and it will be in the country.
    5. All of my family was healthy this week.
    6. We are more than a year into Gemma's asthma and it is under control. We have not been to the hospital in forever, and it has been at least 6 months since we have been to the Dr. for her asthma.
    7. On Monday it will be Jade's first birthday as a born again Christian and Gemma's two weeks after that. It is such a blessing to see them love and follow Christ.
    8. Last on the list, but foremost in my mind and in my heart: I have a God that loves me, has saved me, protects me, provides for me, and has given me such amazing gifts.

    ReplyDelete