Monday, November 8, 2010

Remember the Pit

Remember the Pit

Good morning ladies. I hope you spent some time in worship to the LORD God Almighty.
I spent some time in Ephesians this weekend and chapter 2 verses 11-13 jumped out at me.


Remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace.
Eph 2:12-14 (ESV)

Do you remember what it was like when you were without God? One time in my life I felt a total absence of God and I have to admit it was the most miserable time of my life. I was in a dark pit and I could not see ahead. There was nothing but empty darkness. Being without God is a place I never want to be in.

Why did Paul tell the Christians in Ephesus to remember? Isn’t it so easy to forget? Here is an important truth. If we understand what God has rescued us from, we tend to remember that pit and don’t want to go back to it. Over and over again God reminds His people to follow Him, to move forward since the promised land is in front and not behind.


Are you tempted to go backwards? Sweet sister, the promised land of heaven is forward and not behind us. Remember what He rescued us from and we will never go back again!
Have a wonderful day.



"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment