Thursday, November 4, 2010

Forgiven at the Cross



My soul is deeply touched when I hear a song called "The Power of the Cross" .
Oh to see my name
Written in the wounds
For through your suffering I am free
Death is crushed to death
Life is mine to live
Won through your selfless love
This the power of the cross
Son of God slain for us
What a love! what a cost!
We stand forgiven at the Cross!
Keith and Kristyn Getty sang this song and you can go to YouTube and listen. I am having a terrible time with posting lately so I am unable to post the link.
When you and I come to the cross we come broken. That brokenness is where we live apart from the cross. We live in such a broken world, each one of us is torn apart by sin. The really good news is that we don't have to stay that way. It is the cross and it's power that makes us whole.
Precious sister, we should never forget the cross. Our sins need to be left right at the foot of the cross. God the Father and God the Son did all the work. I am so humbled when I think of the cross and the amazing work done at Calvary. A simple thank you hardly seems enough. With my knees bent low to the ground and my heart opened bare for the Saviour to see I praise His holy name and then stand forgiven at the cross.
Go live it like you believe it today.
In Christ Alone,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment