Thursday, October 28, 2010

Keep in Step


Do you remember watching the old Andy Griffith shows when Gomer Pyle goes into the Marines? Gomer is hilarious as a goof ball soldier. He can’t keep up with the rest of the soldiers marching in formation. He is so oblivious to everything around him that he just marches down the road far behind the squad.

In my Bible study today I came across a verse that had just not caught my eye before.

“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25”
How in the world do we keep in step with the Spirit? Great question! When we become new creations in Christ we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The very essence of God is my description of the H.S. He dwells inside of us and hopefully tap into his thoughts and become little by little more like Him.

In order to do that we have to be willing to grow beyond ourselves. To allow God’s Spirit to mold and shape us. Somehow sweet sister we think that process is a onetime good deal! May it never be so.

God wants us to grow and develop a mind that is compatible with Him. Keeping in step means that we allow God to stretch us. Now I don’t know about you but my pain doctor loves to wrap me up in weird designs and stretch me and it hurts! It is no picnic to be stretched.

Ah, but the rewards are SO worth it. When we allow God to challenge our very thinking and allow Him to stretch us then, and only then will we “keep in step with the Spirit.

Want to walk with me? Think about it.
Till tomorrow, strap on those hiking boots and get in step with the Spirit.



"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up"

No comments:

Post a Comment