Monday, August 2, 2010

Walk, Don't Run

When I was a child I loved going to the local swimming pool. I loved everything about being at the pool. Looking back I have to giggle because I was forever being told to, “walk, don’t run”. It was so hard not to run because it was just so much fun to run and jump as I high as I could into the water. We are never too old to run. In fact if you look around we are all running somewhere.

When my hubby first got sick he had to slow down in more than one way. I would walk next to him and match his steps. He made a comment that has stuck with me. “Jill, things sure look different at this pace.” This was the man who dashed literally between meetings, dashed to finish up the latest project. He was always running from my thing to the next. When he was forced to slow down he liked what he saw. If you stop and think about it, don’t we all need to slow down? For the next couple of days we are going to talk about our pace.

So, get ready for God to stretch you and me.

“For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed says the LORD, who has compassion on you.” Isaiah 54:10

In Christ Alone,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment