Friday, August 20, 2010

Trust Me

When you go to a used car lot, the salesman will say something like, “trust me, this car is a gem”! Now most of us have enough common sense to realize he is a used car salesman and what he says may or may not be the truth. J I have little trust in anyone trying to sell me something that says, “Trust me”. Thankfully car salesmen are not in the same league as our Father.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5
Those first 8 words are powerful. We have been given the key to thriving, not just surviving. When our baby Celeste died I cried out to the LORD. I had to wrestle with the question, “is God trustworthy”? When we don’t get our hearts desire is our God still trustworthy? That is an easy question to answer until you are in the middle of grieving. God says to trust him when everything inside of you wants to scream, “I can’t trust you God”.

When I gave my life to the LORD I surrendered my will to His. I had a childlike faith. That trust has been tested many times and the answer is still the same, yes I can trust him. Several years later I was holding our son David in my arms, waiting for my husband to return from Saudi Arabia. I spent many hours sitting in that chair just holding him and crying out to the LORD. I remember it as if it was just yesterday. “Have I not proven that I trust you LORD”? That was my cry. I told God I would never turn my back on Him no matter how much he took away from me. I begged, I pleaded, I tried to bargain to no avail. God chose not to intervene and David died.

Do I trust Him after all of that, you bet I do. Now my husband is in the battle of his life and the question is still the same. Do I understand, absolutely not. But do I trust the LORD with my husband’s life? The God of the Universe has shown me over and over again that He loves me and I can trust my heart to His. It is a journey, one that I would like to share from time to time. There are no “how to” books to tell me how to walk next to my husband during this battle. So, I read, I pray and I trust like a child that God will never desert me.

Would you consider walking this faith journey with me? Look at the scripture again,
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Have a wonderful weekend.
In Christ Alone
Jill

2 comments:

  1. wow. that really encouraged me. Right now my husband and I are dealing with alot of change. We left our church because we felt God leading us away and its been really rough and the one question that I had for God is "how come your yoke doesn't feel easy and how come your burden doesn't feel light?" But after I read your blog I was reminded that His yoke is easy and His burden is light and even though I maynot understand all that He is doing, I can be at peace and just trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sister, YOu are so right. We wont understand they why till we reach heaven and God wants us to be alright with that. I am glad you are encouraged.
    Have a fabulous day.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete